Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 13: Grateful for Being a Servant

Day 13: I am grateful for the ability to support my sisterfriends and know my role in the process. I had the beautiful opportunity to support one of my sisterfriends in an event that she created called, “Freedom Fellowship,” an event for women of all ages to come and release the things of the past in order to live their best life NOW. Quite naturally, when she first talked about it, there was no doubt that I would be there to support her. And, when registration opened, I was probably one of the first ones to register and thought nothing else of it. Then, she sent a notification of the speakers and facilitators press release and my name was on the list. When I first saw it, my response in my head was alright and I replied, “Awesome!” Yes, I like to talk, but there was a thought in my mind that she was about to stretch me from my comfort zone; so, I just began to prepare for what was next. I simply asked The Holy Spirit to have His way, lead and guide me. I am in a season of transition so it was nothing too surprising.

She gave instructions to each of us who were on the list and gave us her heart in a meeting that we had. She explained what this particular event was all about and how it was her baby. Basically, we needed to handle it with care. That rang familiar to me because that is exactly how I feel when it comes my assignment and purpose. I am very careful about whom I allow to connect to it. My sister’s passion for unity among women and the things of God is what has always captured my attention when we are in one another’s presence. Great minds think alike! 

Each of us involved in the Freedom Fellowship had clear instructions on what needed to take place and knew the role that we played. It was not about competition or seeing who was the best; it was about sharing the heart of one of our sisters who desires to impact the lives of women all over the world. In a nutshell, our prayers were answered and God manifested Himself in a powerful way. Our lives and the other women who attended will never be the same. 

When you serve the people, you can save the people.

My prayer is that each of you experience what I do on a consistent basis with my sisterfriends. Show love and support to others and you will receive much more than you could ever imagine. 

Peace and Blessings, 

Latasha

No comments:

Post a Comment