Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 30: Grateful for Teachable Moments

Day 30: I am grateful for teachable moments. My daughter went on a field trip to the zoo with her summer camp. Well, we had a discussion before she went and I voiced how I am not a big fan of the zoo because of how the animals are put on display. She is very inquisitive; so of course, she asked me more questions about why I felt that way. Now, I will not say that I have never been, but since that last visit a while back I had a change of heart. I went on to explain to her my thoughts about how I just don't necessarily believe in putting animals on displayed outside of their original habitat, locked in a cage, and making money off of them just so we can have entertainment. It reminded me of some ills of the past and how being held bondage for someone else's benefit just doesn't quite fit. I know that was a deep thought, but at least, I was able to express my thoughts and use a teachable moment to impart information to a young mind. I use teachable moment to challenge people young and young at heart to simply think through and form their own thoughts. Needless to say, my daughter appreciated my point of view so much so that she shared it with her teacher and another classmate whose mother had the same perspective... 

My prayer is that each of you use teachable moments to share your thoughts and information to help others be able to do the same. Your mind is truly a terrible thing to waste. 

Keep The Faith,
Latasha

No comments:

Post a Comment