Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 27: Grateful for My Paternal Grandmother

Day 27: I am grateful for my paternal grandmother, Flora Pearl Humphrey. She is the inspiration behind my nonprofit organization, The Flora Pearl Foundation. Her life is an outstanding example of empowering others. For example, one of my aunts explained to me how my grandmother used to make homemade chicken soup and feed the elderly who were home sick. And, one of my personal experiences was actually at my grandmother's funeral where I witnessed all types of people present who voiced how she touched their lives in a powerful way. Ultimately, all of those who came in contact with her were inspired to educate themselves more about faith, family, and community. Today, her legacy lives on through me and has inspired The Flora Pearl Foundation named in her honor. This is my tribute to her because of the impact that she had on my life and I am most grateful to God for the grace to continue moving forward with this vision.

My prayer is that each of you continue to be empowered and inspired by those who take the time to sow into your life, whether by words or deeds. I am sure if you are sincerely looking, then you won't have to look very far. 

My prayer is that each of you continue to be empowered and inspired by those who take the time to sow into your life, whether by words or deeds. I am sure if you are sincerely looking, then you won't have to look very far. 

Keep The Faith, 

Latasha

No comments:

Post a Comment