Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 29: Grateful for God's Comfort and Peace

Day 29: I am grateful for God's comfort and peace in the midst of storms. I heard the news about the Voting Rights Act along with most people yesterday. However, I had a chance to digest the information and read up on it for more clarity. In my opinion, it is a sad time in America as if there have not been others, but this one deals with the rights and freedoms associated with the Dream that we often reference. By this being the 50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights, it seems like a slap in the face considering all that Dr. King and so many fought and died for. You know, it makes me wonder have the rest of us been so blinded by bling, success, selfishness, our own issues and foolishness that we have missed what will play a very vital role in the future of this country. Well, I know that all things are possible to those who believe so I will rest in the peace and comfort of God for now as it relates to this matter. Planning and strategizing right now, but I am one person; however, I will not just sit by and allow the next generation to ask us the question, "Why did you all not protect us when you had the chance?" 

My prayer is that each of you rest God's peace and comfort in this time. Then, once you have done all you can as it relates to fighting for the basic rights that we so deserve. We must protect our young people. When we learn better, then we should do better. Let's Move!

Keep The Faith, 

Latasha

No comments:

Post a Comment