Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 25: Grateful for Our Young People

Day 25: I am grateful for our young people. They really have a lot to say and we must hear them clearly. I experienced a 16 year old young man deliver the offering nugget at church on a world platform (we stream our church services live on the world wide web). He did an excellent job and left us speechless! Later in the services, our pastor validated the call on his life and told him that he will never fit in the crowd; however, there is a call on his life that he should embrace it and be encouraged. Our pastor spoke words that left most of us in tears. One, this was an elder speaking into the life of a young person about his gifts and how to own them. Two, those like me, only dreamed that we received those words of wisdom at an early age so that we could recognize and operate in those gifts. As an adult woman, I completely understand why there were times when I felt like an outsider and just did not fit in certain cliques, whether professional or personal. I finally get it! WOW! I stand with many others who refuse to lose this next generation to the enemy.

My prayer is that each of you speak like to our young people. Not all are lost. Take the time to recognize and nurture their gifts. We should empower them with information to use their gifts without us feeling any intimidation or having our own personal agenda. 
Today, say to a young person, "I now pronounce you...Unstoppable!"

Keep The Faith, 

Latasha

No comments:

Post a Comment