Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 19: Grateful for My Natural Parents

Day 19: I am grateful for my natural parents. Every good and perfect gift comes from above and God gives life! So, how amazing is it that God used both of them to bring a beautiful gift (me) into this world.

Today, I am reaping the harvest from God giving my father and me an opportunity to mend our relationship in 2006 before he passed away a year later. That was one of the most amazing days in my life. Since that day, my life has never been the same. There is power in obeying God. The power of forgiveness is sweet!

My mother and I have grown closer throughout the years and I am truly blessed. She taught me quite a few things, for instance, how to be proud of who I am, and how to act like a lady and respect myself. In recent years, we have actually become great friends and she is one of my biggest cheerleaders in my endeavors and vice versa.

Overall, I thank God for both of my natural parents because even in their imperfections, God allowed them to create greatness.

My prayer is that each of you are able to respect and love your natural parents for being used as vessels to bring you life. Regardless of whether you agree with everything that they have done, you can choose to forgive and release them from the past. Take responsibility for your destiny and keep moving forward to great things.

Peace & Blessings, 

Latasha

No comments:

Post a Comment