Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 39: Be Grateful for Fathers

Day 39: I am very grateful for my Heavenly Father, my natural father, and my spiritual father today (Fathers Day). Leading up to Fathers Day, I have been reflecting about how my life has been shaped over the last 39 years as it relates to these three fathers in my life...


My Heavenly Father has taught me about agape love. Until very recent, I did not FULLY grasp the whole meaning that my Heavenly Father desired a relationship with me so much so that He sent His son to die and raised Him up just for me...He loves me flaws and all...Now, that kind of love is to be cherished and honored with every ounce of your being.


Through my natural father, I learned a very crucial lesson about forgiveness...He was not an active participant in my upbringing due to circumstances and his personal choices...Nonetheless, I am very grateful that through it all, God encouraged us to mend our relationship in 2006. As a woman, it was one of the best decisions in my life, for one, because in 2007, my father committed suicide.


My spiritual father has taught me how to never settle and continues to give me the practical tools to live this life. So much so, that I am not willing to settle. He challenges me and inspires me to be better because of his powerful example as a husband, father, and man of God.


My prayer today is for that young girl, teenage girl, young woman, and woman who does not have her father in her life for whatever reason. Beautiful, know that God has restored the years and will continue to do so if you allow Him. God will catch you up! Allow His perfect peace, comfort, protection, and provision to lead you every day of your life. God is faithful! 


Keep The Faith, 

Latasha



No comments:

Post a Comment